A while back in the Hoopinions days, I wrote a TBT post about my first hoop, which was a Christmas gift under the tree when I was probably about eleven years old. You can read about it here and how my dad fixed it up for me so it was usable.
That purple and teal hoop was probably the best presents I ever received at Christmas, and so far is my favorite hooping Christmas present! What’s yours?
I came across a great list of gift ideas for hooper a few weeks ago, too. I’m sure some of those would be great to find under the Christmas tree.
In short, what I’m getting at, is that I’d like to wish all of you out there a very Merry Christmas, a fantastic Solstice (which is today!), a Happy Hanukkah, and a wonderful New Year. My best!
Let’s have some fun and take a break from our usual hooping schedule. Put down your hula hoops and let’s have some fun with 4 Random Things Friday!
Still, some of them may be hooping-related. I don’t know. I haven’t chosen four things yet because they are, well, random.
- How about a pretty photo in the sunshine? Those of us on the East Coast of the USA miss the sun and are getting quite soggy.
- Ok, here’s a hooping post. This IS a hooping blog, anyway. It’s a past post from the Hoopinions days. This post boasted a “VIDEO EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!”
- Speaking of videos, you need to be following this YouTube channel. It’s completely unrelated to hooping and it will provide hours of entertainment at the expense of many extremely dangerous things that must be dealt with. You’ll know what I mean after a few videos.
- And, for number 4, I’d like to congratulate my husband Sam on his new promotion at work! Congratulations, honey!
Those are 4 random things, right? Enjoy your weekend!
I’m sitting here knowing I need to post something here. I have a great thing to show you guys, but I can’t do it until I get a video. It IS hooping related, of course. Still, I need to update here.
Let’s do a 5 Things Thursday. Why not? I haven’t done one in a while. Let’s do some throwbacks. Here are five I’d like to share.
- Combination Practice at Studio Spin: Video from December 11, 2014. I’ve come a loooong way!
- “Learning a Vexxing Move”: I remember want to learn the double corkscrew with, well, double hoops. Jenny showed, and I learned it. Woo hoo! Here’s to progress! This was originally posted on my old Hoopinions blog on February 2, 2015.
- How about this photo from August 6, 2015?
- A Random Post that I Literally Chose with My Eyes Closed: “My Hoopy Confession” from December 28, 2015. You’ll have to read the post to find out what my confession is. Ha!
- No post about this one, but I just want to share this old video of mine from April 19, 2014.
I thought it would be fun to link some older posts that many of you may not have seen. I used to have another hooping blog called Hoopinions that I merged over here about a year ago.
I thought I’d do a Best of Hoopinions post today so newer readers can take a look at some older content and see how I’ve come along, both with hooping and blogging.
Let’s hop in the wayback machine, shall we?
The Best of Hoopinions
The Journey Thus Far: My very first post on Hoopionions, and it’s the first post here when I merged blogs.
Attack of the Headless Hooper: Remember The Hooping Game? I was so into it when it first came out. Here’s a bad video of me doing one of the challenge songs. You’ll get the headless part when you watch it.
Spinspiration Hoop Troupe Debut: My debut outing as a performer! It was so much fun, that’s why I keep on doing it.
Hoop-tastic Weekend, Part 3: Why Part 3? I tell a good story in it.
How to Get Cable Inside Your Polypro Hoop: It looks cool, but it was a bitch to get that ribbon in the hoop. It is my hope that this tutorial will save others some misery.
So, there you have it, five of the best Hoopinions posts. I hope you had as much fun going down memory lane as I did.